Thursday, July 2, 2009

Going to Oakland soon




We're off to Oakland in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully this is our last trip. Lately I've been thinking a lot about our journey through hip dysplasia. Although it has been the toughest challenge this family has gone through it has brought us closer and for me a lot stronger. No mother should go through our birth and trials that we did. Not only did my labor not in anyway go how I wanted it, but finding out the day after a traumatic c-section that your baby has to wear a brace for up to 6 months and/or get surgery is enough to make a mother depressed. After feeling sorry for myself for a few days I decided to buck up and be thankful for my otherswise healthy Blair.




Once we got the best care we could (Dr. Hoffinger at Oakland Children's Hospital) I finally felt like we could make it through this. After 4 1/2 long months and struggles with the pavlick harness, we were finally free. I often think that if this didn't happen Blair wouldn't be Blair, she wouldn't be the happy, sweet little girl who had endured but now is absolutely perfect. She has also caught up on milestones, proving the pediatrcians wrong.




I'm actually now looking forward to our trip, it's quite an adventure traveling with a baby. I love my family, Darren is the best father, and Blair is the best baby any mother could ask for. I do hope everything works out and it is our LAST trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment