Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today is a better day


Today I am feeling much better, in fact the weather is reflecting that right now, sunshine but still cold. I always give myself a few days to be sad, bawl my eyes out, get mad and hate the world. But I'm over that. It's now time to educate myself and prepare our family for whatever may happen. I never thought we'd be discussing surgery but we haven't had any progress in her hips. For now we'll keep bracing and have fun filled days and let her RUN her in walker so the nights are better. Blair loves running after Josh and Barny and sometimes t-bones them.


Everyone always says "it's no big deal", "things could be worse", "she looks just fine". None of those statements help. I don't want people to feel sorry for us, but also know that this is a serious condition with no set cure. Yes we caught it early but after 5 different braces/harnesses we're in the same spot we were 10 months ago. One thing I am thankful for is not staying with the doctor up here who thought she'd be out at 6 weeks. Ugh I cannot image what life would be like.


One thing is for sure, I have the most WONDERFUL, SWEET, HELPFUL, LOVING, HANDSOME (oh man yes oh so handsome) husband. What I would do without Darren?? He is such a good father, so loving and understanding. I would be a wreck without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment