


I haven't updated my DDH Blog for awhile, even with our latest appt. But truly week from hell happened before our big appt and I haven't had the courage to even write about it. As I hold back the tears I will tell everyone that I had to put my beloved Casey cat to sleep, the night before we left for Oakland. Yes I know some don't hold their animals as dear to their hearts as my family does, but Casey was part of my family. She was dropped off in a box at our barn when I was in the sixth grade, she was a tiny little baby and ever since then she was with me. Always the runt, she turned herself into an indoor cat for fear of the other cats beating her up. She slept on my pillow for 15 years, almost every night. She had the loudest purrr you'd ever hear from a small torte. She was gentle with Blair, loved cereal milk and the warm balcony. She was feeling ill for the past week and I worried about her simply getting old but during the weekend she went downhill fast and after two days of bawling my eyes out, a few frantic phone calls we went to the emergency vet where they took some x-rays and found cancer. They say it's a gift to give an animal the release from pain but it was the hardest decision I have ever made in my entire life. We did a nighttime burial right next to my ozzy and then left early the next day with puffy eyes and a very broken heart. As I write my heart literally hurts I can feel it everynight when the house is quiet, when I walk into blair's room or look on the balcony. Life will never be the same and I could really use some happiness right now. I am thankful for a husband who listens to me cry and tries his best for comfort me. But there's not much comfort when you loose someone.
Leading up to that horrible weekend my dad's dog Nicky was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to get surgery. Although this wasn't our first big surgery or crisis with Nicky it was very scary and very stressful. But I'm happy to say she is back to her normal self and has even gained 5lbs.
As for our DDH appt the trip was hard, and to make it worse the security gaurds wouldn't let darren park the truck outside of the hospital even though we cannot fit in the parking garage. So he had to drive around oakland looking for a spot while I tried my best to hold blair for her x-ray. Which didn't turn out that great, but Dr H saw some progress, you could see her sockets are starting to curve a bit and her growth centers are now congruent. So back we gone in a year at which time will (hopefully not) discuss surgery. It seems like darren is a bit down after the appt, he's always been optimistic but now it's hard not to worry for another year! DDH is such a rollercoaster, I don't want blair to have surgery but if it has to happen we'll make due. One thing is for sure, we can make it through anything as long as we have eachother.
No comments:
Post a Comment