Saturday, November 12, 2011
Oakland trip 2011
We're back from Oakland and thrilled with the progress of Blair's sockets. The trip went really well, I was a bit nervous taking a potty-trained almost 3 year old on a 5 hour road trip and she did absolultely wonderful. We talked for most of the ride, ate snacks and she napped both ways. She told us when she had to use the potty and did great everytime. We shopped a little and Blair got some super cute pjs from carters! I love having a daughter that gets excited about new pjs as much as I get. The appt went so much better than I could have expected. She waved bye when she walked into the xray room without me and layed down like a big girl and told the xray lady "my mommy misses me" took her xray and got a sucker and a pooh bear. We got straight into a room and Blair recognized Dr. H as he walked down the hallway. She asked to sit on the exam table which she normally cries to be held, layed down on the crinkly paper and drew in her notebook. The xrays looked great. Dr. H was quite surprised at all the progress, he couldn't believe it. He said "I didn't expect this today", so NO SURGERY woohooo! One side looks great and the other side which has always been a bit more immature as far as growth looks "okay" but he's okay with it. We go back next year and that may be our LAST appt! Wow!! I'm so glad to be home and so relieved for the good news. Next year will definetely be different with an almost 4year old and a 7month old. Thank goodness Darren is so helpful and loves to hold babies:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment