Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Remembering the funny times

I'm not sure who even reads my blog but I'm sure someone is tired of the complaining or constent "worries" so I thought I'd write some funny, or not so funny moments with our DDH journey.

On our second trip down to Oakland, in tow with my mother in law started a bit late in the day. After she was done watching our nephew we hit the road and stayed in rhonert park, while she went to sleep in the hotel Darren, and an infant Blair and I went to have a late dinner at Outback (YUMMY). Dinner was fine, Blair was asleep most of it and as we were finishing up the waiter brought our check and quickly looked away. As I looked down I realized I had leaked through my nursing pads and my darn husband hadn't "noticed". I was so embarassed, we quickly left.

For some reason, I have no idea why, I can't use a shower with only one curtain. I just don't get it, I went from having a shower door at my dad's house to a double curtain everywhere else. So everytime we go to Oakland I FLOOD the bathroom, then I use all the towels to sop up my mess while Darren shakes his head and laughs.

Our first trip down was a disaster! I literally pumped in the backseat of my mom's car every hour of our 6 hour drive. Not so fun! Once we were at the hotel we tried to settle in with a whole night of no sleep for me. I don't think I slept 10minutes. Blair didn't want to sleep in her travel crib and I was too afraid to let her sleep in the hotel bed with us. So up I stayed holding her tight. The next morning while trying to get her dressed she had a dirty diaper, Darren went to change it and well she just kept on pooping, so he kept pushing her up on the bed so the paper pad we were using would catch it and it just kept on going, we thought the whole bed was going to be ruined...sorry Blair had to tell it.

Our first ultrasound in Oakland was almost un-eventful. She did just fine, slept the whole time. She had to be naked so they could get a good scan and before he was finished she let our the cutest fart and we were all waiting for the same story as above, but it didn't happen.

When we got the newest pavlick harnesses we were a little surprised to find it came with a shirt and socks. The shirt however was apaulling! It had writing on it above the chest strap that said "I love a rhino harness" ( the name of the harness) It was also cheap and UGLY! We laughed about it but quickly got more long sleeve onesies for Blair to wear.

Through trial and error, good decisions and bad decisions we have made most of our way through DDH. My life is great, there are moments that are extremely hard and tons of ups and downs but I wouldn't want it either way. It sounds weird but if Blair didn't have DDH she wouldn't be Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment