Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Ready!

I'm not sure where life is going to take my little family. What I do know is I am ready, I'm ready to move, I'm ready to have another baby, and most of all I'm ready for surgery if that is what it's going to take to fix my baby's hips! My life is at a stand still. I went from only wanting one baby, probably due to all the stress, tears, and struggles we've had, to finally wanting another! I forget what it feels like to be pregnant, I forget what it was like to hold your newborn. I had made a mini checklist of what I want my life to be like before attempting to conceive.
1. No more nursing Blair...check, as of a few months ago, very sad time for me, but she did it all on her own.
2. Blair sleeping in her own crib, which is still a checklist pending, but she's in it for most of the night.
3. Communication, Blair can now say a few words and tell me what she wants. It's great! She lets me know when she's hungry, what she wants (as far as an object) and is trying really hard to talk.
4. ... I need to be in a place where I can say "okay, in 10months I'll be having surgery, I'll be in the hospital for 4+ days and recovery will be hard. But I'm sort of ready for that, I think.
5. this is the biggest checklist item...What is going to happen as far as Blair and her hips?? Surgery or not?? So we'll wait for November and pray and pray that she doesn't need it.
6. this item doesn't matter too much to me because Home is where your Heart is, but I'm not sure where we'll be living. I love it here but I'm ready for Darren to advance in his career, I'm ready to buy a house for a reasonable price...but that one's still up in the air.

I guess for now we just keep living day by day, making the most of it. Blair is thriving and learning so much, I'd hate to see her upset, in pain and frustrated. But as I have come to learn, life isn't always fair and it's certainly never easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment