Okay, where to start? Part of me feels like the trip was unnecessary, yet we had a wonderful time. We're so used to our Oakland trips that this trip seemed harder and longer. The dr. didn't take any x-rays because he didn't want to expose her when she'd be getting one next month. Which is very true, she's had way too many x-rays in her life. But that also meant we didn't see what was going on now. He looked at her previous x-rays and came in singing the praises of Dr. H. Whom is a good friend of his. He went on and on about how great of a dr he is, how he's funny and I quote "if my children needed surgery he'd be the one doing it". So his opinion and the whole trip came down to him giving me a lot of confidence about our ortho. He agreed with Dr. H in that it'd be best to wait and see...the three words I HATE! He also told us that on a scale of agressive (ie surgery) the dr is UCSF was the most agressive, then Dr. H, then himself. He answered all of my questions, except the biggest ones: what is her acetabular index, will she need surgery, etc. We looked at the previous x-rays, he showed me a few things and told me that Dr. H would probably see Blair once a year or once every few years until the age of 14. There's a lot of trips in our future. Was it a waste of time? No I guess not, if we didn't go I'd always wonder if we were doing the right thing. He seemed sure that if she needed surgery they'd wait until she was 3 or 4 to do so. Which isn't what I thought Dr. H said, I thought he didn't want to do surgery when she'd be in preschool or grade school. So we'll wait and see what he has to say, and what the NEW x-rays show November 9!!!
On the positive side the trip was fun for many reasons. I got to spend two consecutive days with my husband, go somewhere new and warm, we ate at Outback (of course), went to Old navy where I got a new pair of jeans and a swimsuit for Blair. Blair went into the pool for the first time and LOVED it, I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures, such a bummer, she had so much fun and started to float and kick her legs while holding me. She laughed and splashed and had a blast, the best part of the trip. Thanks to Grandma she got so many new and bigger clothes at walmart, a new babydoll, mini golf clubs, a puzzle and new shoes (the second best part of the trip). We finally found some shoes to fit her, plus they're pink and sparkly and oh so cute! She had fun playing in the hotel room and didn't overheat or have any melt downs besides when the dr felt her hips. Overall I'm glad we went, I'm exhausted, and I'm ready for our next Ortho appt. I'm feeling better about things, trying not to get my hopes up too high, but hopefully everything will be fine and the fact that her hips have never been dislocated and she's had a lot of time to run and jump and dance, HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY her socket has started to curve:)
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment