Saturday, January 29, 2011
There were No tears today!
Blair's two year checkup was yesterday and if you can believe it No tears were shed for the toe prick and flu shot! She was weighed and measured on the "big kid" scale and stood up straight to be measured, my not so little girl is 30.5lbs and 35 inches tall! Wow! Our doctor came in and asked the normal questions which leads to my typed out list about our last ortho appts, he praised us for "sticking" to our appts and following through, which I thought was strange. Why wouldn't I follow through and go to every possible appt I can? I'm not sure how other parents handle things but yes Blair was in a carseat when we drove here, I wore my seatbelt, and all the guns are locked in the gun cabinet at my house...weird questions but I suppose they have to ask everyone. He then checked her legs and hips which Blair did not like at all, she cried and screamed. He said that he couldn't get her hips out, that they are not subluxed as far as he could tell but she is very strong and doesn't like the barlow test. He also said that "if he didn't know she had ddh he wouldn't be able to tell today". Yes it sounds reasuring and seems like everything is Okay, but in all reality I have learned that DDH isn't necessarily cureable and doesn't simply go away. Blair's sockets are not curved but her femur cannot come out of socket now, which is a relief. We'll be back to our ortho in November, a very long 10 months from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment