This last week has me reminencing about pregnancy, labor, and the dreaded hospital stay. Today two years ago my brother took me to my last doctor's appt. Which thankfully was with a doctor who actually took the time to really "feel" where Blair was positioned. Not only was she worried that Blair was breech (something I had been telling the other doctor for weeks) but that my amniotic fluid was low. I held my tears as she called to order an u/s and stress test for friday and saturday. As I hoisted myself into my brother's tall pickup it all came out, big warm tears and all my fears. Not only had I been preparing for a natural drug free birth, I had anticipated spending as little time as I could in the hospital. I am a home body, always have been. If I had it my way I'd do a home birth.
So as a start to some possible posts I have confessions of a DDH mother:
Before Blair was born I did some major retail damage. I bought her all sorts of clothes and cutsie stuff. The first night we came home I realized Blair had nothing to wear under her harness. I didn't have any long sleeve onesies, so off Darren went all over town trying to find long sleeve shirts (we didn't use oneises for awhile because it was easiest to change diapers around the harness). I took one look at her drawers full of clothes and decided to not put anything that wasn't 1. soft 2. tag free 3. comfy and not too tight. It has stuck with me up to this day. I know people love buying blair clothes but I stick to those rules. Which as I have found is hard once you hit the 2Ts, I found the best socks are old navy triple rolls, or the circo socks that don't roll at target. The socks that came with blair's harnesses were HORRIBLE. They were made from some sort of crochet material and shrunk in the wash. You're not supposed to take the brace off often, not even everyday for clothing changes. But I just couldn't do that, Blair got a new onesie and socks everynight.
It's so nice to be harness and brace free, I hope life stays that way:)
No comments:
Post a Comment