
Happy Valentines Day, we aren't doing a whole lot today, Betty dog is over for a playdate and I'm just trying to clean the house for my birthday party tomorrow. I'm not that into my birthday, I'm not much for attention, but they have been a lot more fun now that I'm a Mommy and Blair loves birthday celebrations (cake, candles, singing and presents, what two year old doesn't love that?). And as I sit here thinking about birthdays I can't help but think about how when you're little you love the presents, the attention, it's all about YOU. But once you're older (well maybe not everyone feels this way) you realize what has gone into your BIRTH DAY, which is what I always like to tell my friends on their children's birthday day...because well the Mom has done quite a lot just for you to be on this earth. Not only did my mother create me, she grew me, then labored just to have me on this earth, she fed me, bathed me, and educated me. Of course my Dad had a lot to do with it as well but really now that I'm a Mom I can appreciate Birthdays a lot more!
No comments:
Post a Comment