
Lately I have been rounding off the months until our appointment, so as of right now 4 months, 4 months to agonize over what might happen. Hip dysplasia is a tricky condition there's no one cure no one procedure that can work. I research and read and read and read so many people's stories and none are the same. I feel so distraught thinking about what might happen. Right now would be the perfect time to start baby#2 but I can't even imagine life with two babies and one being in pain or discomfort. So we wait. The other thing I've been having problems with is seeing healthy normal babies and children and being angry. Darren and I talk often about how hard everything was and how hard it (might) be. I want those days back, I want my infant back and I want everything to be normal.
On a happy note Blair is sleeping in her crib. I don't know how it happened but one night she decided she'd sleep by herself. SO far so good, she cries for about 5 minutes each time and wakes up a couple times. I can let her cry it out and she'll go back to sleep but lately I give in and get her out. I hate to say it but I sleep better knowing she's next to me. I'm crazy I know. She is also saying a few more words such as Dad (finally), Josh, Up and the big one OUT all she wants to do is go OUT and be let OUT. So funny to hear her talking and even funnier to watch her and Joshie run around the house playing chase.
4 more months, I have to think about all the fun things that will happen between now and November, all the fun holidays, birthdays, milestones and hope and pray that Blair won't need surgery and we can get on with our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment