Lately I had noticed Blair "intoeing", a pc work for pigeon toed. I was concerned so I called down to oakland, left the nurse (who handles all cases)a message asking if we should be concerned. He called back 10minutes later while I was in the shower. He said not to worry it's just a phase, as I explained, she's my first born and I tend to analyze everything! He understood, especially since she has an orthopedic problem I will always be looking out for more. I then said that the next appointment was going to be important because it determines if we need surgery or not. He said "well I looked at her file and there was a note that Dr. H didn't want to do surgery". That totally took me by surprise. I said oh, okay well we'll see you in november. I got my hopes up but was still really confused. I was under the impression last visit that things weren't looking up and the next appt would be the "surgery Talk" appt if there had been no progress. After a panicked phone call to the husband I realized I wasn't the only one with that impression. So what does it mean? Does dr h want to wait a long time to do surgery and wait to see if there's progress? Pelvic osteotomies are different than the other surgereis because they are having to graft bone and make cuts into the sockets so they wait until after 18months to do so. Blair will be 20months old when we go so I assumed we'd be setting a date if there wasn't any change.
After stressing and being in my mind all day about things I realized I need to stop being such a nut. No more researching online, no more fretting about things. The next four months, of course it'll be on my mind, but I need to get some sleep and really enjoy the day to day. We'll find out soon enough what the future holds.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment