Thursday, July 8, 2010

4 years ago...


It's almost been 4 years ago since I married my best friend. I know everyone says they married their best friend but Darren truly is mine. Somedays it feels like he's my only friend, and well that's okay with me. Family is so important to me and I'm not sure where we'd be without them. My dad has helped us out so much letting us live in our house, it's been so great to watch Blair and her Grandad play, she even knows the sound of his diesel and squeels when she hears it.

Our wedding wasn't the fanciest, nor did we have a ton of people. In fact I would have rathered gone to vegas or the courthouse. My best friend and I had a fight over a stupid guy and now we don't speak, along with another friend who had such a sour attitude about marriage. It was extremely awkward with my divorced parents and the never ending "we don't have money to invite so and so" list. Yet here we are still going strong, now I do admit we've had our UPS and DOWNS but for the most part our life is great. I know I can tell Darren anything, depend on him when I need help or a shoulder to cry on, which we do a lot of dealing with Hip Dysplasia.

What made our wedding special to me is that we didn't do the regular wedding vows that everyone takes, here is an excerpt from our ceremony. I absoltely love it and I'm going to frame it for Darren:

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be shelter for the other;
Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth for the other.
Now there is no more loneliness.
Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling to enter into the days of your life together.
And may your days be good, and long upon the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment