Saturday, March 19, 2011

My BoBo aka Bubbas aka Joshie, my love



I love calling my dog all sorts of nicknams, and well he loves it. Josh is unlike any dog I've ever known. He is sweet, very sensitive and doesn't seem to think he's dog at all! The biggest difference between Joshie and other dogs is 1. he has seizures almost every two months and 2. He has the worst skin allergies! After battling skin infections every month and giving him massive doses of antibiotics we tried doing steroid injections and it was awful. Have you ever given a dog shots everyday? He dreaded it, we dreaded it, so thankfully with help from the SIL we did an allergy test. He's mostly allergic to things outside, no food allergies thankfully since as I said before he doesn't seem to think he's a dog and thinks he should eat what we eat. So now we have him on atopica, a very expensive pill that he takes every 3 days, anything more than 3 days he'll get an infection. He's worth every gosh darn penny of it. I trust him around Blair, he loves that girl. He follows me everywhere and as we always joke: if he had hands he could change Blair's diaper since he has to sit right next to me when I do it. He's mellow yet when my dad or mom come over he get sooo excited, although he is a very skiddish dog with strangers and other animals. Somedays I have to wonder what those seizures do to him mentally. Case in point, he hardly realizes when there are racoons on the deck and if you wear a hood and come from a distance he goes nuts not knowing who or what you are.
Yet he is my life, I love my Joshie so much and this week he had a bad infection so after 6 pills a day, a very long bath and some calming bisquits I think we're over the worst. So thank you joshie for being my BoBos my Bubbas and Blair's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment