Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is the future going to hold??

As I assumed I knew this appt wouldn't be the best. NO PROGRESS, no progress for the last 3 appts. This time I was prepaired with questions: what degree are the hips at? What does this mean? When do we have to make the operation decision? Her hips are at 32degrees which in comparison she started out at 39 and 37....and the big number to get to is 25degrees by her 25th month, if not then surgery. I'm not sure how we're going to get down 10degrees when we have only gone down 4degrees with bracing. Dr. Hoffinger was particularly talkative and very understanding. Hip Dysplasia is filled with ups and downs he told us, and it's a prediction game, as in WILL HER HIPS BE AT THE POINT I WANT THEM TO BE BY THIS TIME and if not then we'll go in and fix it.
The trip was fun though otherwise, Blair was extremely social this time around. At the carter outlet she played with a little girl and waved to every kid we saw and every nurse. She walked around and really enjoyed going out in the stroller at night. She fell asleep earlier than I expected but did not want to wake up early. Blair had her first bite of hamburger from in and out and I got her so many cute clothes and pjs. We needed new pjs because she's no longer in the brace. There is something about 14months where the baby stops standing it or learns to take it off. Majic month 14.
As for our future I'm not sure what is going to happen. We go back in November and most likely will find out if surgery is going to happen or not. The cap off age is 4, but how can you put a freedom loving four year old into a full body cast from the chest down for 6 weeks?? How am i going to handle having a baby in a cast? Not to mention if anything goes wrong we're 5 hours away? I pray for no surgery because I know an experience like that will change our lives forever. I'm a planner and I hate not knowing what's going to happen, I NEED A PLAN! For now HD hangs over our heads until we go back and see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment